Sunday, May 10, 2009

Welcome to My Coming Out

I am having my coming out party. I intended it to be like a cotillion with the pretty dresses and handsome boys, but I am creeping out the closet. I was outed here and figured it was about time to come out and say all the things I think but don't say in blog world.

First Emily, it is all your fault. You sent me an email link to your blog and I was hooked. I noticed all the people you had linked and fell in love with many of their blogs as well. The rest is history.

On to why I blogstalk....I love to read. Around 4th or 5th grade I realized I got to momentarily leave my life and read about somebody else for awhile. And have it all tied up in a lovely plot and finish. It was awesome. Parenthood has put the kibosh on my book a day habit. But I can read real life stories from all of you in 15 minutes a day. I see all of your triumphs and joy. I see all of the fun things happening in your lives. I get to laugh at the funny things you and your children do. And you inspire me. To try a new recipe. To read a good book (when I do find the time). To be a better, more fun, and exciting mother and wife.

I can't think of a better Mother's Day gift than the inspiration you all have been to me. It will take awhile, but I will come out to all of you who I have stalked.

So thank you. And now that I'm out hopefully something in my life can inspire you as well!

5 comments:

SWILUA said...

yay! love the outing... xok

Laurie said...

So excited to see that you have a blog. It is a bit addicting I admit.

Amy said...

I'm inspired already! Can't wait to keep up on your life. And I'll work on keeping my blog updated to be worthy of your stalking!

Emily said...

I tried to comment on this the day you wrote it but couldn't get it to work. Then when I got back from vacation I couldn't remember where I'd seen a link to your blog. I'm glad I finally found it again! I'm SO excited that you are blogging and flattered that I inspired you in anyway. Love you!

Sister said...

Katrina you are so funny and clever. And you inspire me all the time with your amazing mothering skills, your constant friendship, your loving example o' being a wife, and your awesome cooking techinques. I'm so glad that you are my sister!