Sunday, May 17, 2009

Confession #3

Last night I spent about 10 minutes spying on two teenagers snogging on the corner of my block.



It was getting hot and I was opening the window in my daughters room for some cross breeze. I noticed two teens on the corner with the obvious sick puppy look passing quickly between them. I watched for a moment thinking about their internal dialogue....."no one knows how much we love each other. I am going to love this boy for the rest of my life. I would die without him." She had on pink socks and black converse. His pants were down to his ankles and his bike was much too small (what is it with teenagers riding elementary school kids bikes these days?).



But I remember those days. I remember all those boys who I would have died without and who I was meant to be with FOREVER. I remember my socks in two colors and the Girbaud pants all the boys had to have.



And I am really glad I grew up.

3 comments:

SWILUA said...

aw. young love.

me and one of my friends like to spy on snogging BYU couples and make up dialogue for them. but the dialogue we make up is... not as tame as what you made up. ;-)

Emily said...

I love that you used the word snogging, even though you're not British, I mean to use words like that, but never remember to, even though they're cool.

Sister said...

I'm really glad about the usaege o' the word "snogging"